Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stretched

This has been a long Wednesday! My dear and precious baby girl kept me up most of the night coughing and crying, by the time 5am came I had no energy and was pretty sure I was going to fall asleep at me desk. I arrive at home only to find out that she is in fact ill. Fever of 101.7 and coughing, she was in her Thomas the Train jammies all day (thats Auntie Cassie!) and she slept a good part of they day away (a very strange thing, if know my daughter). My mother (God love her) was taking care of her all day and had to watch her again tonight as I had 12:2 Youth Group to attend.
  Let me just say, that 12:2 has been such a huge blessing in my life. It is amazing the things that you can learn from teenagers if you just pay attention. I work with the Sr High girls and let me tell you, these girls are amazing, Godly women of whom I am honored and proud to know. Tonight's message from PN fight right in with me starting this blog, as his message was about new years resolutions (the whole reason this adventure started). He did however put a spin on it, and was talking about being a new creation in Christ and how amazing it is, that we get to "start again" as born again Christians. The past is the past and that's where it stays with God when we begin to believe. And what is the point of New Years (for most) other than letting go of the past and changing? What a better to change to make than to become a beloved child of God.
 

All that being said, there is not much to report on the resolution progress front. I have not cooked dinner this week, although I did make a wonderful brunch on Sunday and my mom cooked last night (which I'm counting because we did not eat fast food or mac and cheese). The most handsome man in the world has agreed to teach me how to shoot a gun, and all about gun safety and what not (although I am not sure when I will accomplish this since I need to build up the courage first). Speaking of the most handsome man


This is him :) Speaking of the most handsome man, we have agreed that we will read the Bible this year as well. Thats right, the whole thing. 365 days, just over 31,100 verses, in 1,189 chapters. We are on day 4 (obviously) and I'm ahead of him so far (in fact I'm a day ahead, because I had extra time today and tomorrow is a titch hectic), in fact he's reading his as I type. I am very excited to take this on. I have read a lot of the Bible in my years but I have never read all of it, in fact I know there are entire books that I have never touched on! I am incredibly excited to see what I will learn through this, to see what my eyes are opened up, and what God will teach me through this. In fact, I learned something today (that I'm sure a lot of people know, but I some how have managed to overlook it) and that is that Jesus actually came from Adam's son Seth. Now don't get me wrong, I know Cain killed Able, and was banished so that eliminates one brother, but I guess I never made the mental note that Jesus descended from the line of Seth (who in my opinion has a very small roll in the Bible, unless I missed something). Something about that was beautiful to me though. This man, who is hardly recognized in the Bible ends up being the line that brings about some of the greatest men in the Bible: Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and Jesus! This man, who is recognized as a seeming blip in Genesis, goes on to really be a major player in history. I like it because it shows that God really can use anyone. It shows that even if we think we are a blip on the page of history, that God could be setting up something great, to occur in the future, through our bloodlines! I servers a good reminder to pray, not only for our children, but our children's children's children, that they may work things out for the Glory of God and keep to the faith we are instructing in our young ones. God is good! 

On that note, I am still in need of something new to try in January. I was going to try to count this blog as a "new thing" but I feel as though that would be cheating, as I wanted to start the blog AND do something new every month, so the blog would be more like an out and an option. I was thinking about trying sushi, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Then I thought about trying a new sport, but I have neither the time nor the cash flow right now to take that on. Sushi looks like my best option at this point, but I'm going to need to find someone to go with me that loves the stuff and can walk me through it, because the thought of it makes me wiggle a little! bleah! BUT i committed to stepping out of my comfort zone once a month and really that's not too much to as to broaden my horizons. So on the off chance that anyone is (still) reading this and knows me and loves sushi, let me know. Or if you can recommend a stellar place in the Twin Cities to dine on raw fish (bleah) let me know! 

Tomorrow will likely be a half day at work, with a sick little monkey. I'm hoping the cold medicine and VICKS will be enough to get her through the night and that we will both be able to get some sleep. 2012 is steaming ahead, and although I feel incredible ill prepared right now....

LETS DO THIS! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment