Sunday, January 8, 2012

One step at a time

So this is my last and final procrastination before I do my paper that is due tomorrow night. 5-7 pages on Neil Postman's "Amusing Ourselves to Death." I choosing to address his discussion of how TV and commercials are effecting our political system. Interesting enough, but my issue tends to be on how to narrow things down, so here's hoping, because I REALLY want to go to the church MOCHA tonight!!

  So Athia is feeling better, PRAISE THE LORD!!! She's back to her mischievous self and only has a cough left over. Jim is going out of town this upcoming weekend :( but hopefully that allows me plenty of time to focus on my next school assignment. Oh yeah, I'm going back to school for a Masters in Communications. A pretty big undertaking I'm learning and I'm not entirely sure why God has brought me here, but I know He has a plan, so I'll stick it out.

  I struggled with cooking last week. I think because I had been so tired and because I was ill prepared for it. So I completed a project on Thursday and will allow me to be better organized in the cooking department.


   Meet my Dinner Calendar! I have all the dinners planned out for the whole month! That way there will never be that moment of 4:00 panic wondering "what do I make tonight!?" Now all I have to do on Sundays (because that's when we go grocery shopping) is look at the week ahead and make a list! I'm a little excited about it to be honest, even if it does make me look a little neurotic about dinner. :) Anything to simplify my life at this point is going to be embraced and at least attempted.

  I also got a new exercise machine (?) from my sister. I have to idea what to call it, it's like a cross between an elliptical and a stair stepper but it is only the foot pedal part. My sister ordered it thinking it was different, hated it and so now I have it. I just got it last night, but hopefully it will help me to start getting in some more exercise! I have been walking at work still. I usually get about 45 min a day in walking (not counting to and from the bus stops). Although it is not a run or even a speed walk (we don't want to be all sweaty and stinky at work!!) it is activity that breaks up my 8+ hour day of sitting on my dupa!

  I still have not heard about sushi eating this month. I am waiting on a friend to get back to me. I would put out a "cry for help" here, but seeing as only one person reads this regularly (and he's my love) it would seem pretty pointless to use this as an avenue to get someone to teach me about sushi.  :)

  On a side note, something to think about. We are going over "The Case for Christ" in sunday school and at one point in the movie the guy was talking about how not EVERYTHING that Jesus did was in the bible. That the authors of the Gospels would have picked the best and most relevent miriclaes and stories to share, the ones that would have impacted the most people at that time in history. That being noted, I started thinking: then how much more wonderful and amazing things did Jesus do?! How many miriclas and signs and wonders were not written down in the interest of time and conciseness?! The thought struck me as amazing! I think too often we look at the Bible as being the TOTAL account! And while it is in fact true and God breathed, it is not EVERYTHING that Jesus said and did. There is so much more to the story! And I'm a little more excited about Heaven, so that I can hear about and learn these other stories of the awesomeness of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. :)


LETS DO THIS!

2 comments:

  1. Make that two following instead of just one (not that I will check on you every day). Still a master(s) in communication has to start somewhere :-)Every path leads somewhere even if sometimes you need to chop through the brush a little bit. Fare well young lady, the future is yours for the taking.

    ReplyDelete