Saturday, January 28, 2012

One Down, Eleven to Go!

Hello Blogging world! Sorry I'm a bit overdue (but so are my Library books, so I think it's a trend this week). That being said, here we go. This has been a busy week. I had my crazy big group paper and presentation due this past Monday and I am so incredibly thankful that it is over with! I stressed myself into a migraine over the whole thing, so I'm very happy that's we are done. Work was fine, but my wrist has been hurting from typing so much lately so that is a little on the stinky side.

Dinners were a little off this week. I think I only got 2 meals made. Athia and I were busier than originally planned so some last minute changes happened. However, I am making a taco pizza with cornbread crust tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it. Thursday and Friday were amazing days and 2 firsts for me (so January is done which is good cuz it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting out for sushi this month!) Thursday night the quiz-team and I went to Feed My Starving Children. AMAZING time! We had a blast, we feed 74 kids for an entire year! (well us and the other helpers) Our team alone filled 20 boxes of food for Tanzania! This was our last big event with the wonderful Sophie as she is going with her family to Africa for 2 year for missions work. She will be missed and prayed for daily. If you want to follow the family on their adventures, Mom (Leah) has a blog that she keeps (although it wont be updated for a bit while they are in transit to Africa) but go ahead and click Leah's Beautiful Feet.
Before Packing
Headed back
After we prayed over the food

We had so much blast and I am so glad that we were able to do it together and bond as a team. I was impressed with their teamwork and their overall attitude, their servants hearts to help and think about someone other than themselves.


Friday night then our church held their 1st ever Father/Daughter banquet. I was not in attendance as a daughter but as the photographer. I had do much fun seeing all the girls dressed up and with their daddy's. The entertainment was priceless and the fellowship was amazing. An incredible team of ladies organized, prepared the food, decorated the church and served those in attendance. It truly was something these girls are going to remember for many years to come.
The Food
The Entertainment
The Flowers

It was touching to see these girls, young, teenaged, and grown celebrating in fellowship with their fathers.

Other than that it has been pretty same old around here. Saturday has been a busy and productive day. House cleaning and all that good stuff. We are going to Jim's grandma and grandpa's for dinner tonight, so Athia is taking a "rest" as she thinks she is too old for naps. ;) Jim and I are still reading through the Bible, although at this exact moment I am a day behind, so I'll need to catch up on that as well. I am loving reading through the Bible. And no that's not just because I'm supposed to say that. I am finding that there are so many stories that I "know" but that I have never actually read for myself. And it is great to read through them and to be able to interpret them for myself and not have someone telling me what I should be thinking about a certain passage or what I "should be" getting out of it. I am loving the time that I get to hang out in God's word, even if it is only 30-45 min a day. I am learning that my spiritual health is worth it.

So two new things this month, taking my quizzing team to Feed my Starving Children, and attending a Father/Daughter banquet, even if it was only as the photographer. Maybe Sushi can be a February thing.

If you want to learn more about FMSC then click on it. There are location around MN that you an go and fill Mana packs and help those in need.



LETS DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment