Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Lets Do This

As my first official blog I have no idea what to say or what I am doing. It is 11:14pm, definitely past my bedtime. My baby girl (baby, ha! she just turned three!) is asleep in her room and I have said goodbye to the my love as he is on his way home. So what is this to be about? This is to be about self-growth, self-reflection, and having a place to store it all. This is about being the best person that God my Savior has made me to be.

But first, an introduction. My name is Paula. I am in my mid-twenties and currently working, being a single mom and attending graduate school for my Masters in Communications. I have a beautiful little girl who is the world to me. God has blessed my life more than I ever could have hoped for and continues to bless me everyday. His Grace and Mercy abound.

With that said, I decided I needed to write down my New Years Resolutions. I am not 100% sure that I still have them all figured out, but this is what I know I want to do

1- "take notes" in church on Sunday. Listen to God and focus! I tend to drift and I know that I can get more out of it, if I focus. This will help me pay attention and will give me something to go back to for reference throughout the week.

2- Work out (30min) 3 times a week. Be it Yoga, Pilates, walking or dancing. This will help me maintain my weight but increase my overall health.

3-Cook at home at least 3 days a week (not mac and cheese either!) This will help me eat and chose better and help with an overall goal of a healthier life.

4-Learn to shoot a gun. This will help me in the zombie apocalypse (just kidding! ) This will truly help me (I hope) conquer my fear of guns and help me should I ever need to protect myself at that level (God forbid)

5-Maintain this blog at least once a week. This will help me in my writing progress and to see how I am doing on those resolutions!

6-Try something new at least once a month. This will help me expand and grow as a person and will broaden my horizons as they say.

I am sure that there are more things that I want to accomplish this year, but I'll start with those and see where it takes me.

Lets do this!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete